Fleas are the nastiest nightmare for the pet owners. There are several options to kill the fleas but natural home remedies are the best option to control the fleas. The traps and flee tripwires can also work but you need utmost caution while using these methods. Natural remedies are safe because chemicals can be the reason for sickness in your pets. Some natural remedies will kill the fleas after some hours. All you need to do vacuuming to clean the carpeting and pet bedding. Here, we will discuss some home remedies for fleas that work wonders every time.
Flea spray is a good home remedy that helps you to kill the fleas. The following method will tell you that how can you make it at home.
- Take one quart of water and fill it in a spray bottle
- Now, add 1 cup of apple cider vinegar and 2 drops of lavender oil into the water.
- Mix all ingredients by shaking the bottle
- Use this spray on your pet. It will keep the fleas away from your pet
- Just remember, avoid the sensitive part of your pet while sprays like nose, eyes, and ears.
- Alternatively, dampen the washcloth or towel to apply this solution around these body parts.
- You can also use this flea spray as flea repellent in your house.
Salt Your Carpet
However, this old trick but it always works best for the killing of fleas. It will cause the fleas to dehydrate and eventually die when you sprinkle it on the carpet or upholstery.
- Take sea salt that would be finely ground.
- Sprinkle it evenly on the carpet
- Let it sit for 1-2 days
- Now, vacuum the carpet after 2 days
- It will become the cause of fleas’ death.
Diatomaceous earth is one of the best home remedies for fleas. It can also kill other pests too. It is a fine powder that is made from the fossils of tiny organisms such as algae and diatoms. It is actually a natural substance that causes the fleas to dry up and kills by cutting the shells of the fleas. But it is not harmful to the humans and animals. The diatomaceous earth can also kill the larvae of the fleas. The fleas will start to die after approximately 4 to 6 hours. You can use this substance in the yard. But remember to spread a good amount of diatomaceous earth in your yard to kill the fleas.
- Spread this substance on the carpets evenly
- Leave it on the carpet for several hours.
- Sprinkle it on the pet bed.
- If you leave it for more time, the chances of killing the fleas will be more
- Vacuum the carpeting after 1-2 days
- Clean the vacuum bag outside the house in a trash bin after every vacuuming.
These home remedies for fleas will give you an instant solution to kill the fleas. These remedies are safe to use and works great in no time.